The offbeat mountain valleys of kinnaur are calling you to discover them. Our seven days and six nights Kinnaur Valley taxi tour package from Chandigarh is ready to mollify your desire to explore the uncanny kinnaur. The beauty of nature, the tranquillity of the environment, the natural scenic beauty, and the region’s fascinating history are the main attractions of Kinnaur.
These highlights would give you a hint of the imposing hill station:
- Chitkul: the last inhabitant village on the Indian side of the India-Tibet border. The major tourist attraction of this village is having lunch in the “Hindustan Ka Akhri Dhaba” (Last Café of India)
- Trout Fish Farm in Sangla was set up by the Himachal government in 1926 - the 1st fish-breeding farm in India.
The village of fog, Fagu, is covered in dense fog for nine months a year. It is a mystical township that enchants visitors. A bare peek must have surged your curiosity to know in detail about this Kinnaur taxi tour package from Chandigarh. The package is elucidated in the itinerary below.
Day 1: voyage from Chandigarh to Sarahan (275 Km, 9-10 Hrs)
- Your Kinnaur tour starts from Chandigarh.
- From here we will be beginning after having a sumptuous meal at Nik baker’s (famous for their cheesy fries and burgers).
- The gained energy, after having a tasty meal, will be spent by walking through the verdant and royal Mughal garden in Chandigarh. Popularly known as Pinjore gardens.
- Once you reach Parwanoo, an exciting halt will give you the 1st exhilarating feel of the Himalayas at Timber Trail Resort. The resort is unique as it can be reached only by a cable trolley.
- Further, this mesmerizing journey will take you through the towns of Shimla, Fagu, Theog, Matiana, Narkanda and then finally Sarahan.
- Meanwhile, during the long route, we will be exploring a few places in between and halting for lunch and tea breaks
- Your next stop will be at the mystical foggy town, Fagu, near Kufri. We recommend having lunch at Snow flakes food point . They serve mouth-watering channa kulcha. Lunch break will be followed by a visit to Bhantia Devta Temple.
- A long break at Narkanda is worthy to have. You shall be exploring the Hattu Peak and Hattu temple here. The view from the temple will steal your heart away!
- The 8-10 hours journey will demand a delicious dinner at the Tenzin – Tibetan and Chinese Kitchen in Sarahan
- Sleep well at night to refresh yourself to enter the beautiful valley of Kinnaur tomorrow.
Day 2: Enter Kinnaur valley (90 Km, 4-5 Hrs)
- The real tour starts today!
- Before leaving Sarahan, gather blessings at Bheemakali temple for an enchanting and safe journey.
- The driver will stop in the mid-way at an HP petrol pump, where you can relax for a while and click pictures of the wondrous route.
- The road to Kinnaur is known as the Hindustan-Tibet road. It will lead you to the 1st destination in Kinnaur, Sangla Village.
- This road bifurcates at Kharacham, where you will be having a halt to visit the Kharcham Dam, built on the major water body of Kinnaur, Baspa river.
- You will know Sangla is reached once you see the Dungyur Temple.
- Surge the experience of the Kinnaur valley tour by staying at the campsite near Baspa River. We recommend staying at Apple Orchard Farm and Camping.
- The night will be dazzling with stars and lively with music and bonfire.
- Sleep well in the tent.
Day 3: Exploring Sangla and Chitkul
- In the morning, the Baspa River would be covered in a thick veil of fog. Visit the river and splash water from the stream.
- Enjoy the special buttery cha (tea) of Kinnaur along with local cuisine for breakfast. You will get all the food organic here.
- Let’s explore Sangla after your belly is full
- Kamru Fort: It will be near your stay towering on a mountain peak. It is believed that the fort was built by Lord Badrinath himself. A temple devoted to the lord has been built inside the fort. The main gate of the fort has a stunning image of Lord Buddha carved on it.
- Trout fish farm and the wood carving centre are the two places you will enjoy visiting. Kinnauri craftsmen are endowed with the spectacular skill of turning a wood piece into a decorative merchandise.
- Chitkul: It is the last village of India. You will be having a fascinating experience here. Visit Mathi Devi Temple followed by a short trek to Step Waterfalls. See here how this waterfall will hypnotize you!
- Rachkam Village: Another popular camping site by the side of river Baspa deluged with the beauty of the Kinnaur valley.
- Today during the bonfire at the campsite, have a sip of the Kinnauri wine, Angoori. It is usually consumed by people here to beat the cold weather.
Day 4: From Sangla to Kalpa (40 Km, 2-3 Hrs)
- Day to unravel another gem of the Kinnaur Valley Tour Package, Kalpa.
- You will reach Kalpa via traversing through Kharcham, Powri and Reckong Peo.
- River Sutlej will accompany you all along the route until you reach Khawangi Mandir.
- After that, you will reach the main market of Reckong Peo, where we will have a halt to have lunch.
- The enormous Mount Kinnaur Kailash is visible from everywhere in Kalpa. The sacred mountain is an abode of Lord Shiva along with her consort Parvati. Thousands of pilgrims come here every year.
- Explore a few places before resting in the evening
- Chandika Devi temple: Guardian of Kinnaur valley, Goddess resides in the temple beatified the alpine backdrop. This temple is near Kothi village, which you will also be exploring on foot.
- There are two monasteries near Kalpa – Hu-Bu-Lan-Kar Monastery and Brelangi Monastery – you shall be discovering
Day 5: Explore Kalpa
- Your last day in Kinnaur valley has to be awesome. We make sure of that by taking you to places that will imbibe deep in your memory
- Chakka Peak: Embark on the journey to a mountain peak adorned with lush valleys and gleaming streams.
- Roghi Village: The quaint village will make you fall in love with the silence. Your thoughts will no more perturb you because the beauty of the village always leaves a tranquil effect.
- Kalpa Suicide Point: The name itself has a thrill. Reach the point to gawk at the sunset crossing the deep trenches.
- A thrilling day has to end with lip-smacking food. Enjoy Borsht and Thukpa (best dishes) at a Tibetan restaurant in Kalpa.
Day 6: Last stop in Shimla (245 Km, 7-8 Hrs)
- From Kalpa, you will be travelling to Shimla today.
- Reach the Queen Of Hills and explore places in the evening
- The ridge is the centre point from where you can explore many places like The scandal point, Gaiety Theatre, Christ Church and Kali Bari temple.
- End the last night of the Kinnaur tour in a rocking way.
- Party in the famous Footloose Club on Mall road of Shimla
Day 7: Trip ends in Chandigarh (130 Km, 3-4 Hrs)
- From Shimla, you will be driving back to Chandigarh.
- Carrying memories and souvenirs, this Kinnaur valley exploration tour was the best tour have had.
- Meet you again for another thrilling experience with us.