Glory has been conspicuously imbibed in this six nights and seven days Dharamshala Dalhousie taxi package, since it has the divine land of Amritsar included in it! A ‘voyage fascinate in the hill stations of Himachal followed by paying obeisance at the golden temple in Amritsar.
There are more scintillating surprises for you in this tour package.
- Jallianwala Bagh: remnants of firing done by general dyre to suppress the freedom movement still shouts aloud, glorifying the sacrifices of the people who stood up for the freedom of India.
- HPCA Stadium: Every cricket fan dreams of watching a cricket match in Dharamshala Stadium. Mostly Ranji trophy is played here. And you can find many eminent players at times.
- Dalai Lama temple in McLeod Ganj, where hundreds of ochre-robed monks receive their buddhahood teachings. The mantra reverberations in the monastery would calm your thoughts, transcending you to taste real peace.
This was just the minutest representation of the Dharamshala Dalhousie taxi tour package from Amritsar; the show stoppers are in the itinerary below.
Day 1: From Amritsar to Dalhousie (202 Km ,5-6 Hrs)
- A 6 hour drive from the premises of the Amritsar railway station or Airport.
- Covering a distance of about 205 km, passing towns of Gurdaspur and Pathankot.
- Have the lunch break at Munch Box café on the Pathankot Dalhousie road. This amazing restaurant has Italian, Punjabi and Chinese cuisines.
- Spend the evening and night leisurely exploring the Mall Road of Dalhousie.
- Call it a day once you come back from the local market stroll and rest at night in the hotel.
Day2: Discover Dalhousie
- The glorious morning of the Dalhousie would cheer and freshen you up. Garner the good vibes to invest in the Dalhousie tour.
- Explore the hill station:
- Panchpula: near this scintillating water body, Samadhi of the eminent revolutionary, Sardar Ajit Singh has been built. Thus, along with natural abundance, this place also preserves a historical importance
- Satdhara: following the same road leads to another romantic picnic spot. The waterfall has been originated by the merger of 7 streams flowing down the hills of Chamba valley.
- Bakrota Hills: peruse the gathering of natural aura into your memory with a short trek to the hill top of Bakrota.
- Subash Baoli and Subash Chownk are the two popular tourist attractions named after the revolutionary leader Subash Chandra Bose.
- Dian Kund: Also known to be the Witches Pond, is perched at a height of 2755 meters provides breathtaking views from the summit. A trek to the hill is an astounding experience you will have.
- It was a magnificent day of the tour package. But wait, there is more to come! Keep reading.
Day 3: A trip to Khajjiar
- A small hamlet that would put you in aghast with its beauty emulating to the Switzerland of Europe.
- Similar terrain, the structure of houses and fauna you find here, makes it a replica of the Swiss countryside.
- What do this hamlet will surprise you from?
- Khaj Nag temple: A holy shrine consecrated to Lord Nag Devta, the guardian of Vishnu.
- Activities like zorbing and pony rides are a must to partake.
- A tree concreted to the Pandvas and their consort Draupadi, has 6 roots. Yet the shoots merge together making it one whole big tree.
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary: it is a bio-reserve inundated with flora and fauna of the mountains of the Himalayas. You will find a few of the rare species of animals and birds here.
- On your return from Khajjiar, we have booked adventurous paragliding for you! A unique way to end the Dalhousie taxi trip.
Day 4: From Dalhousie to Dharamshala (130 Km, 5-6 Hrs)
- Let this day be full of comfort and leisure. Wake up and check out from the resort after having breakfast.
- The journey to Dharamshala is of 3 hours long.
- The comforting and spiritual experience is waiting for you.
- Spend the evening with a meditation instructor who would make you feel above your thoughts into the peace that always existed in you.
- Have a healthy meal in the night that would freshen and energize you.
Day 5: Mcleodganj and Dharamshala exploration
- A cheerful day after you had the morning meditation session. Your mind and body are calm. Totally, ready to imbibe in the nourishment of the Dharamshala sightseeing.
- Let’s explore…
- Bhagsu Waterfall: The enchanting falling water effervescences while dropping from a height, making the environs dreamy and misty.
- Dalai Lama temple: holy shrine for the monks who dwell here leading the life of simplicity and surrender, the prime teaching of Buddha.
- Dal Lake: Paddle a boat in the lake for a vivacious and surreal experience.
- War memorial: devoted to the valour of soldiers at the borders of the nation, this museum displays the artifacts and weaponry for the tourists.
- The famous HPCA stadium, where you can get the chance to meet world renowned cricket players and click a selfie with them.
- The evening is again booked for a rejuvenating Dhyan session, followed by a healthy and toothsome meal.
Day 6: Palampur and Bir Biling
- Another gem of the Kangra Valley awaits you.
- Palampur and Bir are the best add-ons of this Dharamshala Dalhousie tour.
- What will you explore in Palampur?
- Andretta Artist Village: dedicated to the art of pottery, this quirky hamlet has the best pottery artisans who can make intricate designs with a lump of clay
- Lush Tea Gardens: the primordial tourist destination would lure you. The sprawling tea gardens are meticulously veiled upon the hills of the Kangra valley
- Baijnath and Chamundi temple: One is consecrated to the mighty Shiva, while the other to her consort, incarnation of Parvati, Maa Chamunda. Both the shrines are visited by umpteen pilgrims.
- Neugal Khad: Simple, yet imposing vistas abounding the water stream would spellbind you. A cup of coffee in the Neugal café is a cherry on the top to complete the expedition to Palampur.
- Lastly, the adventure is ready to embrace you. Paragliding in Bi is dreamy of the eminent gliders in the world. And you are going to be a part of the fraternity.
Day 7: The glory ends in Amritsar (202 Kms, 5-6 Hrs)
- The package’s last day would be made memorable.
- Leave from Mcleodganj and drive to Amritsar with a halt in Gurdaspur.
- Pay your sacred obeisance at the Golden temple Gurudwara.
- Indulge in a shopping spree at Hall Bazar.
- End the trip and the day with a lip-smacking dinner at Kesar ka dhaba