To the alpines of meditation and British reminiscence adorned with the grandiosity of the Himalayas. Sounds mesmerizing, isn’t it?
To experience such a delight, we have curated this five nights and six days Dharamshala Dalhousie taxi tour package from Delhi exclusively for you! To familiarize you with the pleasure of this trip, here are a few highlights before we unravel the detailed itinerary.
- Satdhara Waterfall: originated by the confluence of the seven streams from the alpines of the great Himalayas, this waterfall near Dalhousie is an excellent spot for a picnic.
- Dharamshala Cricket Stadium (HPCA): under the supervision of HPCA, it will be memorable to watch a live cricket match in the stadium. The panoramic vistas of the Kangra Valley encompass it.
- Mata Chintpurni Temple: is one of the Shakti Peeth of India, visited by millions of pilgrims annually.
Dharamshala Dalhousie tour package offers a perfect blend of convenience, comfort, and exploration. With its well-designed itinerary and professional services, travelers can experience the captivating beauty of both Dharamshala and Dalhousie hassle-free. The package provides a seamless journey and an unforgettable experience amidst the serene landscapes and cultural gems of Himachal Pradesh.
Whether it’s the tranquil monasteries of Dharamshala or the colonial charm of Dalhousie, this tour promises cherished memories and a rejuvenating getaway for all types of travelers. Embarking on this journey opens the doors to a unique adventure, making it a recommended choice for those seeking an escape from the city’s hustle and bustle while relishing the splendors of the mountains.
Day 1: A 13 hour exploratory journey from Delhi to Dharamshala (550 Km, 10-11 Hrs)
- From the premises of the airport/ railway station of Delhi, you would be embarking on the journey to Dharamshala.
- Which route to Mcloedganj would be taken? Sonepat à Ambala à Rupnagar à Una à Kangra
- For the breakfast, tickle your taste buds at Mannat Dhaba in Murthal. They serve the best stuffed parathas – dripping with butter + fresh curd and pickle.
- Apart from food breaks, there would be two major exploration halts on the journey
- Anandpur Sahib Gurudwara: On the edge of the Shivalik ranges, in Ropar, the holy Sikh shrine is located. Pilgrims visit the place to pay their obeisance to the almighty.
- Chintpurni Shrine: Legends aver that when Vishnu severed the body of Maa Sati to calm down Lord Shiva, the head of the body fell here. The temple is consecrated to the part of the powerful goddess Sati.
- Reach the resort in Mcloedganj by late night. Rest in the night to garner newness for the next day.
Day 2: Explore the enchanting Dharamshala and Mcloedganj
- A day to unwind during the exploration of the magnificent hill station of Dharamshala.
- Start the morning with a mind-calming session of meditation in the jungles near your resort.
- Thereafter, steer to captivations calling you
- Bhagsu Waterfalls: Named after an avatar of Lord Shiva, the water fall also has a temple name Bhagsunath near it.
- Dalai Lama temple: the residence of the 14th Dalai Lama who came to India years ago and settled in here. Thousands of exiled monks even followed their venerable leader.
- Dal Lake: near the Dalai Lama temple, lies this pristine lake that possesses the spell to mesmerize you with its beauty.
- Lastly, a cheery live match at the HPCA stadium watching the sixes and fours crossing the boundaries.
- The day tour ends in the evening with a sumptuous dinner at a Tibetan café in Mcloedganj. We recommend Morgan’s café (offering an amazing view of the valley)
Day 3: A short voyage to Dalhousie + sightseeing the hill station
- Let’s steer towards another enigmatic hill station of this Himachal tour package.
- The journey to Dalhousie is around 4 hours long. To garner the maximum benefits, we have planned a half day tour through the hill site today.
- Explore these places after you check into the hotel
- Be fascinated by the walks across the Subash Chowk and Subah Baoli encircled by the luxurious verdant valley and mountains
- Antiquated Victorian churches – St. John’s Church, St. Patrick Church and St. Christ Church
- Lastly, Bara Pathar, for the dreamy sunset.
- Dazzle the evening at a bar lounge in the Dalhousie town. We recommend Illusion Bar and Lounge. It has a cozy ambience, best for a delightful evening.
Day 4: What does Dalhousie exploration on the 2nd day have for you?
- The relentless continues today with the resplendent visits to the remaining awesome places in Dalhousie.
- Start the day with the best breakfast of sweet or savoury crepes at the café by Mongas with an espresso shot.
- And the tour goes like this
- Panchpulla: a perfect romantic and cherishing picnic spot surround by the imposing scenic beauty
- Satdahra Waterfall: On the same route of Pancpulla, the waterfall dampens and chills the surrounding air, making it conducive to the lushness of nature.
- Baktora Hills: a short gleeful trek through the coniferous forests to reach the mountain peaks where the clouds go beneath you.
- Rang Mahal: A historical and artistic epitome having an exquisite collection of kingly paintings, jewellery, coins and much more,
- Trod the mall road for a quick shopping spree.
- End the fascinating tour with a lip-smacking dinner at a café on Mall road
Day 5: Complete the Dalhousie tour with a visit to Khajjar
- Dharamshala Dalhousie package is incomplete without inclusion of the Mini-Switzerland.
- Visit the saucer shaped plateau village and get awestruck by…
- Khaj Nag temple: Guardian of the village is the king of the serpents. The temple is where the holy king serpent has been enshrined.
- Panch Pandav tree: an archetype of the marvel of nature, the tree is situated in the forest of Khajjar. The roots of this tree are divided into 6 portions, dedicated to each of the 5 pandavas and their shared wife, Draupadi
- While returning, look for the wilds in the Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The evening is booked for the paragliding in Dalhousie. A fantastic way to end the last day of your tour package.
Day 6: Return to Delhi (570 Kms, 12-13 Hrs)
- Via Pathankot and Ludhiana, you will ride towards Delhi.
- You will have toothsome food at Barbeque nation in Ludhiana. They serve amazing tandoori food items – vegetarian and non-vegetarian as well.
- Lastly, have dinner at Tonino café in Connaught Place, Delhi.
- Board the flight or train for the further journey.
- We will meet you again on your next Himachal Pradesh vacation.